Voting

Monday, March 8, 2010

Arizonan Adventure

Ok, so here goes nothing; I am definitely not a writer and I have never blogged before, so this could be interesting. Brett and I are in Arizona right now for Brett's final rotation (psychiatry) for medical school. As I am writing this, I am "listening" to school lectures in the lobby of a institute down the street from where Brett is working. We are staying with my cousin's sweet Grandma Jacque in Chandler. On Thursday, Brett and I got to go to the Suns-Jazz game (Grandma J gave us her tickets). We were overwhelmed by the sea of orange in the stadium, so decided that we would avoid making enemies by cheering silently for the Jazz. The first three quarters were disappointing; the Jazz were consistently ten points behind. It wasn't until the last 5-6 minutes of the game that things heated up. When I saw that there was hope of a win, I let loose- I couldn't resist cheering loudly. I think I embarrassed by poor husband and made the eight year old kid sitting behind us shout even more profane words than he had previously. After the Jazz pulled out the win, Brett and I left the stadium smiling, but also slightly afraid that our car (that was parked on the street with its Utah license plates) might be vandalized by the time we got to it.

We have only been here a week, but have already fallen in love with the beautiful weather. Brett and I took advantage by going to the park and playing some ball this weekend. After we tossed the ball around for a few minutes, I decided that our game needed a little spicing up. I told Brett that we needed to throw in a dance move before each toss. He didn't take me up on it, and once I started this new technique, my aim went out the window.

Brett and I also got to hang out with my Aunt Tracy and my cousins Karsen and Kelsey this weekend. They live near Vegas, but came down to Chandler for one of Karsen's gymnastic competitions. Watching cute Karsen compete took me back to my childhood; I used to be obsessed with gymnastics and the thrill of the competitions.
Welp, that's our week in a nutshell. Speaking of nuts, Brett has come home with some pretty nutsy stories from working in the psychiatric unit. The other night, when he was on call, they had a patient who was brought into the unit by the police. Apparently this guys runs an "incredibly successful" business, has an IQ of 177, and is currently running away from the people who live in the ceiling who are trying to kill him. He told Brett he wasn't smart enough to understand the "complexity of the situation." Needless to say, I think Brett is pretty excited to finish this rotation. We find out in a little over a week where we will be headed for residency, so I am sure our anticipation will make the next ten days go incredibly slowly.

5 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    That's a great start! I wish I could write while listening to a lecture! I'm becoming less of a multi-tasker by the day. Hope you have a great time and make the most of the great weather.
    Love,
    Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog!! Can't wait to hear where you guys are going!!!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica and Brett!! I love you and the blog. Want to see more!! Mom Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. LSU????!! WOW- you are going to start talking with a SUTHERN DROUWL. :) Congrats, that is so exciting.
    "Aunt" Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete