Voting

Friday, April 23, 2010

In the Bayou

Well, I have been a total slacker at updating this blog; a lot has happened lately, so I finally have some juicy material to blog about.

Our last few weeks in Arizona were so much fun. We got to fly in a private plane (I would not have posted this, but it sounds like someone told my mom on us), my cousin Melissa got engaged, and we had a fun Easter with the Hatch family. Conference was amazing, and the easter pageant in Mesa gave us an extra spiritual boost. Thanks to Grandma Jacque and the Hatches for such a wonderful time.















Brett and I are getting ready to become southerners; we have added "y'all" to our vocabulary and are in the process of buying a little home in New Orleans. After leaving our six week adventure in Arizona, we flew down to New Orleans to find a place to live. After our first day of looking at houses with the real estate agent, we were pretty sure we were going to end up living in a shack in the ghetto. But things turned around the second day and we found a cute little new house in a little suburb on the west bank called Merrero. While we were down there, we celebrated my cute hubby's 30th birthday; I told him I was sad he was leaving my decade. I didn't have a kitchen, so his birthday cake was a lame little cupcake from Walmart.....speaking of- I hate Walmart (especially the one in New Orleans)! On a happier note- I have the most wonderful husband, and I hope his birthday in the bayou wasn't too lame.


We finally got back to Utah last Thursday. We are making final preparations for the big move and taking advantage of spending time with our families while we still can. This last weekend, we celebrated my dad's birthday and I made the cake; it was pretty much the ugliest thing that has ever existed (sorry dad). My lack of cooking talent is very depressing- good thing my husband can cook (I don't get how he knows how to do everything....crazy). I have made banana bread since though and it wasn't too bad, so maybe there is a little hope for me.
On Monday, we went to see the flowers at temple square with Brett's parents. The flowers were gorgeous and the weather was absolutely perfect; spring is by far the best season!







Yesterday, we celebrated our cute little neice's (Hailey) second birthday. Brett gave her a stethescope (according to Hailey it is a "stefatope") and she was walking around to everyone, putting it up to their backs and saying "breeve" (aka breathe). I wish I had a picture.

Welp, that's a wrap for now. Looks like we may have to move out of our place this week, so I will probably be a blog-slacker yet again. Peace and love!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, you are too cute (and so is your hubby. welcome to my decade Brett!) -

    "Y'all are flippin' awesome!" (that's a little Southern, mixed with a little Utahn)
    :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Girl! You have nothing to be jealous of if you know what I'm taling about ;) When are you headed out? We should do lunch before you leave if you have time to!

    ReplyDelete